Sunday, September 16, 2018

262 CSI September 15



I wanted to use a white background but had none left so this background paper was my next option and I really love newspaper print!
Spray a few mists here and there to soften the black and white look!
Then I thought about the 'THANK YOU' prompt??????
Grabbed my stamp and scattered  thank you around the page!!!
It was time to document how thankful I am to have such a precious daughter!


I keep lots of haberdashery offcuts stashed in storage containers.
It provides great  texture and interest to the page.
Final touches are always sewing it all in place!
Thanks for looking!


I free hand cut a scalloped border from a scrap and then used this as a template to make others.



Here is some of my stash. Ihave been making these recently and will be showing how to make them soon!



3 comments:

  1. Wendy, you always make the most interesting looking layouts. I LOVE your style. The contrast between the black & white newsprint and the colourful embellishments is so neat. I love all the scallops and bits of fabric. Like you said, they give lots of texture and visual interest to the layout. Love the scattered stamping as well. Great work all around. TFS.
    Compliments on those neat little bags. Great way to store all bits and pieces of ribbons and lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, beautiful page - I love the pops of bright colour against the text print and all the different layers and textures you used. The die cut scribbly hearts look great tucked in there. I'm also intrigues by those colourful bags at the end - will have to pop back to check them out :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that lace tucked into all those scalloped layers! Your colours really pop off the black and white - those spray mists are so fun! Great layers and I really like the black thread here too!

    ReplyDelete